The soul is a 2020 American computer-animated fantasy comedy-drama film produced by Pixar Animation Studios. However, it was released by Walt Disney Pictures. Directed by Pete Docter and co-directed by Kemp Powers, the film stars the voices of Jamie Foxx, Tina Fey, Graham Norton, Rachel House, Alice Braga, Richard Ayoade, Phylicia Rashad, Donnell Rawlings, Questlove, and Angela Bassett.
Recommended for You >>> Silk Road: Review, Trailer, Cast and How to Watch/Download Online
The story follows a middle school music teacher named Joe Gardner, who seeks to reunite his soul and his body after they are accidentally separated, just before his big break as a jazz musician. The soul is actually the first Pixar film to feature an African-American protagonist which is really great and interesting, brings a new type of change.
What is it that makes you…YOU? Pixar Animation Studios’ all-new feature film Soul introduces Joe Gardner who is a middle-school band teacher who gets the chance of a lifetime to play at the best jazz club in town.
But one little misstep takes him from the streets of New York City to The Great Before a fantastical place where new souls get their personalities, quirks, and interests before they go to Earth.
Determined to return to his life, Joe teams up with a precocious soul, 22 (voice of Tina Fey), who has never understood the appeal of the human experience. As Joe desperately tries to show 22 what’s great about living, he may just discover the answers to some of life’s most important questions.
Soul was released on October 11, 2020, in BFI and December 25, 2020, in the United States.
- Jamie Foxx as Joe Gardener. Young Joe was played by Ramone Hamilton.
- Tina Fey is 22, a soul that is trapped inside of the Great Before with a dim view of life.
- Graham Norton as Moonwind.
- Rachel House as Trey.
- Alice Braga, Richard Ayoade, Wes Studi, Fortune Feimster, and Zenobia Shroff as the five soul counselors in the Great Before.
- Phylicia Rashad as Libba Gardener.
- Donnell Rawlings ad Dez.
- Questlove ad Lamont Curley Baker.
- Angela Basset as Dorothea Williams.
- Daveed Diggs plays Paul, Joe’s neighborhood frenemy.
- Pete Docter.
- Dana Murray.
- Pete Docter.
- Mike Jones.
- Kemp Powers.
- Trent Reznor.
- Atticus Ross.
- Jon Batiste.
- Matt Aspbury.
- Ian Megibben.
- Kevin Nolting.
- Walt Disney Pictures.
- Pixar Animation Studios.
- Walt Disney Studios Motion Pictures.
To download Soul into your device and start watching today, use this link.