Raya and the Last Dragon is an upcoming American computer-animated action-adventure fantasy film produced by Walt Disney Pictures and Walt Disney Animation Studios for distribution by Walt Disney Studios Motion Pictures.
The 59th film produced by the studio, is directed by Don Hall and Carlos López Estrada, co-directed by Paul Briggs and John Ripa, then produced by Osnat Shurer and Peter Del Vecho, written by Qui Nguyen and Adele Lim, and music score composed by James Newton Howard.
Recommended for You >>> The Croods 2: Review, Cast, Official Trailer and How to Watch/Download Online
The film features a predominantly Asian American cast, including the voices of Kelly Marie Tran as the titular Raya and Awkwafina as Sisu, the titular dragon, along with Gemma Chan, Daniel Dae Kim, Sandra Oh, Benedict Wong, Izaac Wang, Thalia Tran, and Alan Tudyk.
Raya and the Last Dragon Storyline
Long ago, in the fantasy world of Kumandra, humans, and dragons lived together in harmony. However, when sinister monsters known as the Druun threatened the land, the dragons sacrificed themselves to save humanity.
Now, 500 years later, those same monsters have returned, and it’s up to a lone warrior to track down the last dragon and stop the Druun for good.
Raya and the last Dragon is yet to be out; however, it is scheduled for a release on March 5, 2021.
Here’s a list of the main characters in the movie;
- Kelly Marie Tran as Raya, a fierce and courageous warrior princess of Kumandra’s Heart Land.
- Awkwafina as Sisu, a goofy young water dragon who can transform into a human and is the last of her kind in existence.
- Gemma Chan as Namaari, a warrior princess of the Fang Land and Raya’s enemy.
- Daniel Dae Kim as Chief Benja, the chief of Kumandra’s Heart Land, and Raya’s father.
- Sandra Oh as Virana, Namaari’s mother and the chieftess of the Fang land.
- Benedict Wong as Tong, a formidable giant.
- Izaac Wang as Boun, a 10-year-old entrepreneur, and owner of the “Shrimporium”, a boat restaurant of the Tail Land.
- Thalia Tran as Little Noi, a toddler con artist of the Talon Land.
- Alan Tudyk as Tuk Tuk, Raya’s best friend, and trusty steed that is a mix of an armadillo and a pill bug.
- Lucille Soong as Dang Hu, the chieftess of the Talon land.
- Patti Harrison as the chieftess of the Tail land.
- Ross Butler as the chief of the Spine land.
- Don Hall.
- Carlos López Estrada.
- Osnat Shurer.
- Peter Del Vecho.
- Qui Nguyen.
- Adele Lim.
Music by James
- Newton Howard.
- Walt Disney Pictures.
- Walt Disney Animation Studios.
- Walt Disney Studios Motion Pictures.
Some of the people behind the making of the movie.