“Privacy on Facebook” Are you worried that Facebook collects information about you, that you do not want other people on Facebook to get access to? If you are then you are in the right place. Mark Zuckerberg the C.EO of Facebook said that he and his team are going to fix the problems of privacy on Facebook but before all these problems are fixed, I will share with you a few ideas to keep your information safe on Facebook.
Privacy on Facebook
There are various ways of hiding personal information about you on Facebook, as we know Facebook has never been good at prioritizing your privacy. The good news is that Facebook some set of tools to control who knows about you both on the Facebook app and on the Facebook web also. The bad news is that those settings cannot be found easily. That why I am going to guide on how to protect your information from others on Facebook.
How to Delete Personal Information
If you were shown how much of your personal information is on Facebook you will be very surprised. Information’s that you have stored on Facebook for years like photos of places that you visited, photos of places that you lived, your personal videos, phone number, birthday and many more can be deleted. To delete this personal information follow these few steps below.
- Log in t your Facebook account.
- While on your newsfeed click on your name or your small profile picture at the top of your screen.
- Click on “about” your profile page.
- You can click on each category on the left side of the about section like places that you have lived, work and education, and many more. O the right side of the screen, click on the edit symbol and delete the information.
- Birthdate and gender cannot be deleted but can be changed.
You Would Wanna See >>> Facebook Story – Delete | Views | Video Lenght | Reaction | Comments
While for mobile users follow theguidelines follow below.
- While you are logged in your Facebook account.
- Tap on your name or small photo to view your profile.
- Scroll down the page and touch “Edit Public Details”.
- Then, scroll to the bottom again and tap “Edit About Info”
- Through here you can now edit your personal information like work, birthday, places you lived, and marital status.
- To edit tap on the pencil icon.
I’m sure those few steps above willhelp in guiding you on deleting your personal information.
How to Turn Off Facial Recognition
The Facebook Facial Recognitionfeature has been used for years to tag your photos. If that makes it uneasy foryou to hide your personal information, follow these few handy steps below.
While Using the Web
- While you are on a Facebook page, you will find a question mark on the top of the screen.
- Click on the Question, Mark.
- Then, select Privacy shortcuts.
- Select-control facial recognition.
- A page will appear to click on edit and select no.
- Close the page.
While using your mobile device,follow the few handy steps below.
- On a Facebook page, you will find the three horizontal lines on the upper right-hand corner of the screen.
- Tap on the three horizontal lines.
- Scroll down the page and tap on settings.
- Then, select facial recognition.
- You will find a box on the screen of your android device select no if you do not want Facebook to be able t recognize you in photos and videos.
I am sure the few steps will be of very good help to you if you read carefully in helping you turn off your Facebook facial recognition.