This article is going to contain over Ten iPhone tips and tricks you do not know before. Even though you use your phone every day you may not realize how powerful the device really is. Your iPhone is featured-packed, it has a lot of tricks up its sleeve that you are not aware of. With the new iPhone release and the latest iOS 13 software, we are sharing some tips that will help you take full advantage of your smartphone. And using these tricks will make using your iPhone extremely convenient and fun for you.
Over Ten iPhone Tips and Tricks
Some features of our iPhone are buried in the settings menuwhile others are hidden in plain sight. Also there are a few things Siri can dofor you that you may not know about. This article is going to contain some ofthe least widely known iPhone tricks and tips to help you get more from yourdevice. Here are the list of over ten iPhone tips and tricks.
List of Over Ten iPhone tips and tricks
Below you will see over ten iPhone tips and tricks listedand to enable them. I will show you how to enable some of them in your iPhoneand I am sure those few will be useful to you.
Set a Sleep Timer
You are going to love the trick if you love to list to musicor podcast before you fall asleep.
- Open the clock app on your device.
- Select timer at the bottom right.
- Set how long you want the timer to be and tapwhen timer ends.
- Then scroll to the bottom of the list and tapstop playing.
- Tap on set at the top right of the screen.
Press the start button and drift off to sleep withoutworrying about your iPhone being dead in the morning from leaving your musicon.
Have photos you do not want others to see well here is howto hide your photos.
- Open the photos app and open the album where thephotos you want to hide reside.
- Tap select at the top right and select thephotos you want to hide.
- Tap the share icon at the bottom.
- Tap the hide icon at the bottom.
Tap on hide photo and your photos will be hidden.
Turn on Medical ID Section
Within the apple health app you should fill out the medicalID section and this come in handy in the event of an actual emergency. And itcan also help a good Samaritan to return your iPhone if lose it
- Open the Health app.
- Tap on Medical Id at the bottom right.
- Now, tap on edit.
- Make sure show, when locked, is toggled.
Fill out the corresponding text boxes and put your email orsocial media handles in the medical notes section so someone can return yourlost phone.
Backspace on the Calculator
The calculator app on your iPhone does not work as well as the original thing because there is no tactile feel to it. You may press a key you do not mean to. So instead of starting overuse the backspace button and here is how.
Just swipe to the left or right at the top of the screenwhere the numbers are displayed and your swipe will delete the number youtapped last.
Use your iPhone as a Level
Most people rarely use the compass app that is on your iPhone but within that app is a cool tool you may not know about. Which is a spirit level and here is how to access it.
- Open the measure app.
- Tap on the level at the bottom.
- Lay your phone flat on the surface you want to check the levelness of.
If you tap on the screen you can measure the differencebetween the two surfaces.
Use your Keyboard as a Trackpad
You may not know your iPhone keyboard can also double as a track pad. Here is how to access it.
- While you are typing firmly press and holdanywhere on the keyboard to activate the trackpad.
- Drag your fingers around to move your cursorthrough text.
- When the cursor is where you want it to be justlet it go.
If your iPhone is an older model install a third-party keyboard.
You might have custom ringtones for some friends and family.Your iPhone can also create custom vibrations and assign them to specificcontacts.
- Open the Settings app and select sounds and haptics.
- Select ringtone and select vibrations.
- Tap on create new vibration and create a new vibration.
- Tap on the stop in the bottom right and tap on save in the top left.
- Name the vibrations.
- Open the contacts app and choose the contact you want to assign the custom vibrations to.
- Tap on edit and select vibrations.
- Choose the new vibrations that you created.
And anytime you receive a call from that contact thatvibrations will be made.
Teach Siri How to Correctly Pronounce Names
Siri may not be pronouncing your friend’s name correctly but you can correct it.
- Hold the home button or say Hey Siri to trigger Siri.
- Say that is not how to pronounce the name.
- Now say your friend’s name.
- Siri will offer four pronunciation options.
Select the correct pronunciation.
Sometime when typing something like an email address, URL and others can be a pain. Your iPhone has a text replacement feature. That lets you just type a few characters instead of the entire word.
- Open the Settings app and tap on general.
- Tap on keyboard and tap on text replacement.
- Tap on the plus button.
- In the phrase, field types the word you want to create a shortcut for.
- Type the test you want to be replaced by the phrase.
- Tap Save.
Anytime you type the shortcut on your phone keyboard youriPhone will replace it with the phrase after you press the space bar.
Do Not Disturb While Driving
With this feature, you can cut distractions when driving.
- Tap on settings and tap on do not disturb.
- And tap on automatically if you want the setting to be enabled when detecting movement.
- Tap on while connected to car Bluetooth if your car has Bluetooth.
- Now, tap manually if you do not want the setting to enable automatically.
- Tap on auto-reply to customize and change the message.
- And tap on auto-reply to if you want to change who gets send to auto-reply message.
You can pick all the contacts, favorites or just recent contacts.
Customize Control Center
Here is how to customize control center.
- Tap on settings and tap on the control center.
- And tap on customize controls and tap on the plus icon to add to the minus icon to delete items.
- Tap on hold and slide the icon with three bars to reorganize the controls.
- Once you have done that tap on the back.
Swipe up from the bottom of the screen to access controlcenter and get a feel of it new customized layout.