Have you ever heard of Google Message Web? What is Google Message Web? How does it work and how can I make use of it? All these and more are what you will find out in this article. So to find out more please do read on to the end of this content.
Messaging is one of the means or types of communication. You can be able to send different types of messages like SMS text and MMS text to anyone. But what are the means for you to send these messages? There are lots of them out there. But today we are going to be talking about Google Message Web.
Google Message Web
Google Message Web is typically meant for your computer. But it can also be used on your android phones. It can be used to check for messages and reply to messages. This is really a simple process and a simple thing to do.
With the help of your computer, you can be able to chat through the Message Web. The Message for Web was launched in mid-2018 and it has gotten up to 1 billion installs as of April 2020. To be able to make use of the Google Message Web you will need an internet connection between your phone and your computer. You will also be required to scan a QR code to make it possible. All of these will be given out in detail in this article.
Features of Google Message Web
There are lots of features that make the Google Message Web an awesome one. Below is a few lists of them.
- Rich communication service.
- Integration with Google’s video calling app Duo.
- Sending and receiving of messages.
- Integration with Google Duo.
- Conversation features.
- Google Assistant.
These are some of the many features that you will enjoy when you start making use of the Google Message Web service.
Requirements for Using Google Message Web
Google Message Web is an amazing Message service provider. But you don’t just start making use of it like that. There are some basic things that you will need to get started. Below is a list of all that you need to get started.
- The latest version of the messaging app on your phone.
- Get a data or Wi-Fi connection on your phone.
- Your Phone must be of android version 5.0 and above or it won’t work.
- On your computer open one of these browsers: Chrome, Safari, Microsoft Edge or Mozilla Firefox. It will not work on Internet Explorer.
- Get your computer connected to the internet.
These are what you will need to get started. If you don’t have all of these I’m afraid it will not work.
How to Set Up your Google Message Web
On this page, you will see the steps on How to Set Up your Google Message Web. If you have gotten those requirements listed above then do the following below and you will start messaging on your computer.
- Go to your phone and open the Messages app.
- Click on “More”
- Click on “Message for Web”.
- Go to your computer and open Message for Web in your Chrome browser.
- You can click on remember this computer option if you want to automatically sign in.
- Using your phone tap on “Scan QR Code” and use it to scan the QR code on your computer screen.
- After the scanning is completed, your phone will vibrate, and then it is connected.
And you are done with the whole process. After signing in your messages, contacts and other things will be encrypted and cached to your browser. When you have unread messages, it will display a red notification and the number of unread messages at the messages icon in your browser tab.
Signing Out of Google Message Web
One other amazing feature of the Google Message Web is that it automatically signs out your account on your behalf. If your Message account has not been active for some weeks it will automatically sign out for you. This is due to security reasons.
But you can also Sign out yourself using two ways. Your computer and your android phone are the two ways you can use.
Signing Out Using your Computer
Follow the steps below to do that.
- Open the “Message for Web” on your computer again.
- At the top left corner click on “More”.
- Click on “Sign out”.
Signing Out Using your Android Phone
The steps below will help you to Sign out using your mobile android phone.
- On your phone open the “Message” app.
- Tap “More”.
- Tap on “Message for Web”.
- Choose where to sign out.
- If you want to sign out of one computer, tap the “delete” icon next to the computer you want to sign out from.
- If you want to sign out of all computers, tap on “sign out of all computers”.
There you have it. These are just the simple and basic steps of signing out Google Message Web using your phone and computer.