Cruella is an upcoming American crime comedy-drama film based on the character Cruella de Vil, introduced in Dodie Smith’s 1956 novel The Hundred and One Dalmatians and Walt Disney’s 1961 animated film One Hundred and One Dalmatians. Read one to find out more.
Directed by Craig Gillespie with a screenplay by Dana Fox and Tony McNamara, from a story by Aline Brosh McKenna, Kelly Marcel, and Steve Zissis. Emma Stone stars as the titular character, with Emma Thompson, Joel Fry, Paul Walter Hauser, Emily Beecham, and Mark Strong in supporting roles. Stone and Glenn Close also serve as executive producers on the film.
The film is about the rebellious early days of one of cinemas’ most notorious – and notoriously fashionable – villains, the legendary Cruella de Vil. “Cruella”. The film is set in 1970s London amidst the punk rock revolution, follows a young grifter named Estella, a clever and creative girl determined to make a name for herself with her designs.
She befriends a pair of young thieves who appreciate her appetite for mischief, and together they are able to build a life for themselves on the London streets. Estella’s flair for fashion catches the eye of the Baroness von Hellman, a fashion legend who is devastatingly chic and terrifyingly Haute, played by Emma Thompson.
But their relationship sets in motion a course of events and revelations that will cause Estella to embrace her wicked side and become the raucous, fashionable and revenge-bent Cruella.
The film was scheduled to be theatrically released on December 23, 2020,] but it was delayed to May 28, 2021.
To check out the Disney Cruella trailer, use this link.
The characters of the film include the following;
- Emma Stone as Estella “Cruella” de Vil: who is an ambitious aspiring fashion designer.
- Emma Thompson as Baroness Von Hellman: The head of a prestigious fashion house who hires Estella.
- Joel Fry as Jasper Badun: A thief hired by Estella to help her in her crimes.
- Paul Walter Hauser as Horace Badun: Jasper’s brother and partner-in-crime.
- Emily Beecham as Catherine.
- Mark Strong as Boris.
- Kirby Howell-Baptiste as Tabitha.
- Jamie Demetriou as Gerald.
Let’s move on to have a look at those behind the making of the film.
Below are the crews behind Cruella;
- Craig Gillespie.
- Andrew Gunn.
- Marc Platt.
- Kristin Burr.
- Dana Fox.
- Tony McNamara.
- Aline Brosh McKenna.
- Kelly Marcel.
- Steve Zissis.
- Disney’s One Hundred and One Dalmatians by Bill Peet.
- The Hundred and One Dalmatians by Dodie Smith.
Music by Gregor
- Nicolas Karakatsanis.
- Tatiana S. Riegel.
- Walt Disney Pictures.
- Gunn Films.
- Marc Platt Productions.
- Walt Disney Studios Motion Pictures.
There you go, no download link yet because the film is not yet released.